FortiSwitch™ Secure Access Family
The FortiSwitch Secure Access Family delivers outstanding security, performance, and manageability. Secure, Simple, and Scalable, FortiSwitch is the right choice for threat conscious businesses of all sizes. Tightly integrated into the Fortinet Security Fabric via FortiLink, FortiSwitch can be managed directly from the familiar FortiGate interface. This single pane of glass management provides complete visibility and control of users and devices on the network regardless of how they connect. This makes the FortiSwitch ideal for SD-Branch deployments with applications that range from desktop to data center aggregation, enabling businesses to converge their security and network access.
Security Fabric Integration through FortiLink
FortiLink is an innovative proprietary management protocol that allows our FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall to
seamlessly manage any FortiSwitch. FortiLink enables the FortiSwitch to become a logical extension of the FortiGate, integrating it directly into the Fortinet Security Fabric. This management option reduces complexity and
decreases management costs as network security and access layer functions are enabled and managed through a single console. FortiLink integration enables centralized policy management, including role-based access and control, making it easy to implement and manage. This control and manageability make FortiSwitch ideal for SD-Branch deployments.
- Designed for installations from desktops to wiring closets
- Ideal for SD-Branch deployments
- Centralized security and access management from FortiGate interfaces with FortiLink
- Optimal for converged network environments; enabling voice, data and wireless traffic to be delivered across a single network
- Supports non-FortiLink deployments through onboard GUI, API or command line configuration
- Up to 48 ports in a compact 1 RU form factor
- Stackable up to 300 switches per FortiGate, depending on mode
- Supports Wire-speed switching and Store and Forward forwarding mode