liminate Security Bottlenecks
With 52 Gbps of firewall throughput and low latency, the FortiGate 1200D represents an excellent entry model for small data centers and delivers a high-performance, high-capacity data center firewall. IPv6 parity, 10 GE ports and dramatic increases in VPN performance enable you to keep pace with your evolving network.
At the same time, 11 Gbps of next generation threat prevention performance allows you to run top-rated intrusion prevention, application control and antimalware capabilities for deeper inspection of content, applications, user and device activity. Rich console views and reports together with a flexible policy engine provide the visibility and control to empower employees yet secure your enterprise.
This breakthrough performance — including 10x data center and 5x next generation performance — is made possible by custom hardware, including the latest FortiASIC™ NP6 and CP8 processors, as well as the consolidated security features of the FortiOS network security platform.
High Performance, Reliability and Security
- 10x data center and 5x next generation performance
- Top rated security capabilities
- Flexible firewall personalities for core or edge deployment
- Low latency and IPv6 parity
- Option to add Advanced Threat Protection, Strong Authentication and more
- USB Management Port
- USB Port
- Console Port
- 2x GE RJ45 Management Ports
- 16x GE SFP Slots
- 16x GE RJ45 Ports
- 4x 10 GE SFP+ Slots
Powered by SPU
- Custom SPU processors deliver the power you need to detect malicious content at multi-Gigabit speeds
- Other security technologies cannot protect against today’s wide range of content- and connection-based threats because they rely on general-purpose CPUs, causing a dangerous performance gap
- SPU processors provide the performance needed to block emerging threats, meet rigorous third-party certifications, and ensure that your network security solution does not become a network bottleneck
Fortinet’s new, breakthrough SPU NP6 network processor works inline with FortiOS functions delivering:
- Superior firewall performance for IPv4/IPv6, SCTP and multicast traffic with ultra-low latency down to 2 microseconds
- VPN, CAPWAP and IP tunnel acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing
The SPU CP8 content processor works outside of the direct flow of traffic, providing high-speed cryptography and content inspection services including:
- Signature-based content inspection acceleration
- Encryption and decryption offloading
10 GE Connectivity
High-speed connectivity is essential for network security segmentation. The FortiGate 1200D provides 10 GE slots that simplify network designs without relying on additional devices to bridge desired connectivity.
ortiGuard Security Services
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet’s solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world’s leading threat monitoring organizations, other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies:
- Real-time Updates — 24x7x365 Global Operations research security intelligence, distributed via Fortinet Distributed Network to all Fortinet platforms.
- Security Research — FortiGuard Labs have discovered over 170 unique zero-day vulnerabilities to date, totaling millions of automated signature updates monthly
- Validated Security Intelligence — Based on FortiGuard intelligence, Fortinet’s network security platform is tested and validated by the world’s leading third-party testing labs and customers globally.
FortiCare Support Services
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes:
- Enhanced Support — For customers who need support during local business hours only.
- Comprehensive Support — For customers who need around- the-clock mission critical support, including advanced exchange hardware replacement.
- Advanced Services — For global or regional customers who need an assigned Technical Account Manager, enhanced service level agreements, extended software support, priority escalation, on-site visits and more.
- Professional Services — For customers with more complex security implementations that require architecture and design services, implementation and deployment services, operational services and more.